Monday, March 14, 2011

Proud to Call Him My Dad

I was planning on posting my Garage Sale finds today when I got a call this morning from my cousin Teri, from Lincoln. She told me my father passed away this morning. Although, our relationship in the past was pretty much non-existent, it was only in the last few months that we had contacted each other.

It seems as though the time wasn’t long enough for us to get to know each other, but I’m thankful he got to meet his only two grandchildren. I’m thankful that all the anger and pain I had felt towards him had diminished to nothingness after we saw each other. I’m thankful he wanted to be a part of my and my family’s lives. I only wish we could’ve seen each other one last time so that I could tell him those three precious words that should only be said with true meaning, “I LOVE YOU!”

Ivan
Rest in peace Ivan, for I am proud to call you my Dad!

1 comment: