Monday, March 21, 2011

Nifty Thrifty: Vintage Recipe Cards, Milk Glass Vases, Magazines & More

Good Morning! I hope everybody had a great week! We didn’t get to do any garage selling this weekend and I didn’t make it to any Thrift Stores last week either. We had to go back to Nebraska to my dad’s funeral, but I am glad we made it back safely. What a looooonnnnggg trip when you have two little ones! Thursday night, London decided to mess around and roll off the hotel bed, then she hit her head on the corner of the metal safe and ended up with a huge gash above her eye. We ended up having to go to the emergency room. I’m happy to report that instead of stitches, the doctor glued her shut! And as for a scar, it shouldn’t be noticeable when her eyebrows fully grow in. Whew! Although it’s been a tough week, I did get to see a lot of relatives I haven’t seen in twenty years or more! I just wished it were under better circumstances.

Anyway, enough about my week. Since I didn’t get to post about last weekend’s finds, I’m going to share with you today what we bought!

Betty Crocker Recipes 1

I had found this Betty Crocker Recipe Library Card Pack for $0.25 people! That’s right! A whole quarter! I was thrilled when I found this! I’ve always wanted one. However, I’m going to sell this one. I’m actually looking for a red one. What is it they say? “Great things will come for those who wait”! I’m a-waitin’!

Betty Crocker Recipes 2
This box is from the early 70’s. It has 24 Categories with over 700 recipe cards. Plus the index book! I went through every card and found out two things. 1.) There is one card missing. It could’ve been worse, there could’ve been a hundred or two gone, but only one! Sweet! And 2.) Out of all the cards in there, I’d really only make about five of the recipes! HAHAHA! But, this would go great in my kitchen, if it were red that is!

Milk Glass Vases
At the same garage sale, I found 6 milk glass vases. I love these things, but then again, to eBay they will go. Aren’t these neat? I thought so anyway!

Vintage Texan Cups
At another garage sale, I found these vintage Texan cups. I remember drinking out of similar cups growing up. I can’t wait until I’m able to open an Etsy shop. Looking at these vintage items makes me so excited! But until then, I’m using eBay. One day though, just watch!

Rolling Stones Mag
I found a huge box of Rolling Stone Magazines for $20! These date from 1972-1974. There was a total of 64 magazines in the box! Woo-hoo! We almost didn’t buy them, but I talked Jeff into it. I was crossing my fingers that I was right about this lot, otherwise, he may have banned me from going garage selling! LOL! There are a couple in there that will definitely give us a good profit. Pretty happy about this find! (And so was Jeff, needless to say!)

Star Wars Belt Buckle
Of course, one none vintage-y thing I just had to buy was this Star Wars Belt Buckle. It was $1. Jeff wants me to list it, I wanted to alter it. These don’t sell to well, let me take that back, if this was from the ‘70s it would sell fine, but there’s not much profit for the 2005 ones. Maybe I’ll get to alter it after all!

There was a plethora of other things we bought too, but these were the most exciting ones. I bought four Pyrex glass dessert bowls (I actually wanted to show you these, but I forgot to take a picture), A new Chinese brush painting book that has never been open, some Far Side Books, a Starbucks 32 oz mug, a Free Beer sign, and that’s about all I can remember at the moment. I think we did pretty good. I just know I’m going to start itching to go next week! I’m excited and can’t wait to see what it brings us!

Before I go, I have to share something else with you. We bought this jersey for $0.50:

Nashville Destroyers Jersey - 50c
I listed it on eBay last night at 9:30. When I checked eBay half an hour later, it had sold for $44.95! I love when I score!

I hope you have a great day today! Next time I’ll show you the scarf I made! I love it!

This post is being linked to Apron Thrift Girl

3 comments:

  1. I bet you do turn a profit on those Rolling Stones mags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Apron Thrift Girl. So sorry about your rough week. You found some great scores! Love that David Cassidy cover!! I would totally wear that Star Wars buckle myself just as it is! Great that the jersey is selling so high!! I need to sell some things on ebay again I think. Love the Betty Crocker recipe box. I had one, but I sold it. :)

    ReplyDelete