Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nifty Thrifty: Thrift Stores

J. Burnett Painting

I didn’t get this posted yesterday because London was sick. Now that she’s all better, I’m finally able to get this up!

This week at the thrift stores hasn’t been to good. I went on Jeff’s day off and we went to three different places. All we found was the above painting. I haven’t been able to do much research on it yet. All we know is, it’s signed by a J. Burnett. Of course “J” could be anybody…John…Jim…Jacob. The list of names could go on. The painting itself is on canvas. I don’t know what kind of paint was used (I’m so not an artist!) but it kind of looks like acrylic. The details are amazing and the colors used to create the details are very intricate. It’s a great piece!

I’ll eventually put this on eBay, but for now, it will hang on our bedroom wall. I hope you’ve had better luck at the thrift stores lately.

I can’t wait to show you what I picked up at a garage sale today! Hopefully I’ll have some good luck tomorrow too. See you on Monday and have a wonderful and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment