Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nifty Thrifty: The Most Ugliest Table/Chair Set You Could Ever Imagine and a Tip

I know I didn’t post Nifty Thrifty yesterday, but that’s because I only made it to one Thrift Store last week. GASP! I know! The only things I found was a MacMillan Early Skills Program Kit (I didn’t take a picture of it though) that I’ll wait to list until summer and a Starbucks Mug.

Starbucks Square Mug

I saw a pair of these mugs sell on eBay for $14.99. I’ll either wait to find another one or I’ll list this one next week. I’m not sure what I’ll do just yet. Yep, not to good on the Thrift Store. Hopefully I’ll have better luck next week.

I went to a garage sale this morning and found a package of unfinished wooden wood pieces with finial type things for $1. Great for projects:
Wood Finials $1

Then I came upon these:
Tabel Set $10 002

Isn’t this the most ugliest set you’ve ever seen? Okay, so the table isn’t that bad, but those chairs, I mean really? But look what I paid:
Tabel Set $10 003

That’s right! Ten smackaroos for all three pieces! Good thing I’m crafty (well, somewhat anyway)! I have plans for these babies and can’t wait to get them done! Once finished, they will sit on our deck. In fact, that’s where they are now and what I have my laptop on while I’m typing this post! SWEET!

Now for a tip:
I learned this the hard way, but when you go to thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, whatever, and you’re not one of the lucky ones to own a van, truck, trailer, whatever, don’t let the size of your car discourage you from buying small furniture. All you have to do is bring an electric drill. If you don’t have a drill, just bring a screwdriver, well, a flat-head AND a philips. And if you have one, an allen wrench (I think that’s what they’re called). I actually keep all three of these in my purse (in case I forget my drill).

You see, I had to take the table apart with my drill to fit it in the trunk. I stuffed the chairs in the front seat (pushing it all the way back). Remember the table/cart thing I bought for my kitchenette? It wouldn’t fit in my trunk, so I had to borrow an allen wrench from the Goodwill. If you find something you really want, you just have to figure out how to make it fit. Now of course I know I’ll never be able to fit a China Hutch or armoire in my car, but at least I can get the smaller furniture in.

I’ll be back on Monday to show you what we got last night (and hopefully if we find anything tomorrow)! Haave a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can see that trio being totally cute when redone...

    ReplyDelete