Friday, March 4, 2011

Goals And Success!

I was really thinking about this blog. What I want to do with it and where I want to go. I decided to take it in a whole different direction. It’s no longer going to be a craft blog. Don’t get me wrong. I'll still make things every once in awhile, but after our move, my life just doesn’t seem to be able to take that route right now. Every once in awhile I’ll still do a post or two about the stuff I make, because after all, it is one of my passions. Plus, I still want to make my outfits and accessories for our trip.

So, where am I going with this? I have been thinking about my goals and bucket list. (Yes, I made one after seeing the movie! HAHA!) I have a lot on it. They all cost money. I love to shop, well, thrift anyway. It costs money. So, I started selling some of my finds on eBay. Right now I’m just testing the waters to see if it’s something I really want to do. If it works out, I eventually want to turn it into a business. But actually, I want to open an Etsy shop selling vintage items and down the road, I want to alter clothing into art and sell that too.

So, my blog will now turn North. Expect to see more Nifty Thrifty’s and hopefully in time, my altered clothing…art…things. HA!

Before I leave you, I do want to share a story about one of my first sales.

Caboodle Both

Remember owning a Caboodle in the 80’s? Well I had one and I loved it. Whatever happened to it, I don’t know. Anyway, I found this at a Thrift Store for $1! When I rescued it, it was dirty. Powdered make-up dusted all over the trays and on the bottom, the smell! Oh My! I cleaned her up really good (used a lot of baking soda to get rid of the smell, yeah, it was that bad!), and listed her on eBay. It sold the next day for $19.95 as a Buy It Now (BIN)! Wow what a profit! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how my “test” is going and I’m thrilled!

Have a good weekend and if you go “shopping”, let me know how you did! I’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment