Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not So Valentine’s Day Outfit

WOW! I can’t believe it’s been so long since I last posted! A lot has happened since I’ve been around. Hopefully I’ll be around more often. Why’s that? I got a new laptop! My desktop computer has been so sssslllloooowwww! Literally! I hated being on it. Loading pictures, blogging, reading blogs through Google Reader. Ugh! It was horrible. Then, Jeff finally succumbed to the fact that I REALLY needed a new computer!

Anyway, I’ll stop with the boring stuff. I know this is late, but I just had to show you what the outfit I made London for Valentine’s Day. Check it out:
Valentine's 2011 012

I sewed her dress using Lil’ Blue Boo’s T-shirt Sienna Dress Pattern.Then I used the birds stencil I bought from Hobby Lobby. Instead of paint, I used glitter and fabric glue. Then I added a rose iron-on patch I already had. Then I embroidered the world “LOVE” with my new embroidery machine I won from The DIY Dish! I {heart} that machine!

I bought her pants from Walmart for $3.50. I used my Cricut to cut out stencils using the freezer paper technique. Do you know how hard it is to iron on itty bitty pieces of a rose? You can’t really see the birds on her pants, but they’re sort of like the ones on her shirt. A little different, but works really well. On her other pant leg, I painted the word “LOVE” in gold going up. I wish I had a better picture. I do on my other computer, but it’s late and I really don’t feel like logging on. Then I’d probably have to post this tomorrow!

The great thing about this outfit is it’s not to Valentines-y. She is able to wear it in the spring too! Nothing like spending hours on an outfit just to be worn once!

As for Taevyn, I didn’t make him anything. I know, sad, right? It’s not that I ran out of time, more like I ran out of inspiration. I was trying to come up with something to complement London’s outfit, but nothing just came to mind. So I bought him a shirt from Walmart. It was only $5, but hey, it works.
Valentine's 2011 066

He thought it was awesome and I guess that’s all that matters! I wish I would’ve found it sooner. I would’ve made him a cool cuff or something to go with it. There’s always next year!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s! We did! We stayed home, tried to make cookies (which was an epic fail), made a special dinner, and watched a movie in Blue-Ray! It was an awesome day!

Have a wonderful night friends!

1 comment: