Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nifty Thrifty: Genuine Lead Crystal Decanters

Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE garage sales! I can’t believe I have lived in Texas this long and never realized that garage sale season is year-round! I guess with growing up in Nebraska where the season usually runs in the spring and summer, it never donned on me that year-round nice weather means year-round garage sales! So, I have been shopping these past few weekends and every week I anxiously wait for the weekend to get here! There is a website I found called Yard Sale Treasure Map. Just put in your city and state and the distance of miles you want. Then it pulls up all the garage sales in that radius from Craigslist. It’s so cool! Oh how I could’ve used this sooner!

Anyway, I found the coolest decanter set at a garage sale this last weekend. Although we’re not drinkers, these will go perfect in our Bar Room (whenever I get that started, more on that later). Check it out:
1 Decanter Set

Aren’t these awesome? They have a retro feel to them. I imagine these being used by Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, or Carey Grant in those 50’s films I used to watch with my mama. I’m smitten!!!

They are made by Royal Crystal Rock and on the tag it says it is genuine lead crystal guaranteed over 24% PbO. I had no idea what that meant, so I looked it up to see if they had value. With all of the information out there, it’s hard to tell. Although I can’t find this particular set anywhere, I saw that 24% crystal lead is worth anywhere from $10-$150. I guess it just depends on the product. I was going to look up Royal Crystal Rock, but haven’t had a chance yet. I’m sure I will soon.

Here are some close-up pictures:

Circle-Dots Detail
Spiral Circle Detail
Look at the detail! Isn’t it gorgeous? Each bottle has both designs, two on each side.

Bourbon
Bourbon 001Bourbon 002

Gin
Gin 001Gin 002

Scotch
Scotch 001Scotch 002

Vodka
Vodka 001Vodka 002

See? Totally Smitten!!! I don’t know what the nametags are made of, but I need to figure it out so that I can clean them without ruining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment