Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taking A Break

Not from blogging silly! From planning and making stuff for Taevyn's party! Oh, there's so much to do, but I still have a little time for a quick break to come and tell you what My Love bought for me last night (at 11:30 pm)!

First, I wanted to say how much I still need a lot of practice in the sewing department. I truly enjoy sewing. I really never thought I would. I mean, do you remember my first project? Then quite a few years later I tackled it again with London's coat. So I figured if I just sew way more often than I am now, I can get better and eventually make the cool "harder-to-sew" stuff that I've been eyeballing. In the meantime, Jeff bought me these two patterns:

A little cheerleading outfit for London. Since Taevyn plays football (this year he's on the Giants team), I figured I could make a little skirt for his games. I'm starting with the simple one. I'm also going to use a regular shirt for the top and I was thinking about using the smallest pair of white underwhere I could find and dye it red so I don't have to make this one. Only because I don't have much time since his second game is this Saturday.

Then he bought me this cute little Kimono shirt for London as well. I can't wait to give this a try. I think she'll like it. Especially since she's way into dress up right now. She decided she wanted to wear her "ladybug" skirt I got from the Dollar Tree today! She cracks me up!

You are probably wondering where Jeff bought this stuff so late, right? Well, I found this site called SewingPatterns.com. It's great because there are so many patterns you can buy. There are over 50 brands of patterns including Simplicity, New Look, Burda, and so much more! And the variety of patterns are amazing. I, of course, like the Children's section. So, this is what I found (if you click on the pictures, it will take you directly to that pattern):

The great thing about this site is that you can download the patterns and print them right from home! That is the best feature ever! Isn't this coat adorable? I'm trying to figure out how to enlarge a pattern so I can make the little boy one for Taevyn.

Then there are the patterns that don't have the download option. But they have very reasonable shipping charges. The first pattern is $3.35 and each additional pattern is $0.95. Not to bad. They even ship internationally!

Thier download patterns can run as low as $2.99! How great is that? However, a lot of the downloadable patterns are aout $6.99. Still a great price!

They even have pajama patterns! Isn't this cute? I so want this for London!

They have patterns on CDs available too! These are now $12.95 marked down from $49.99! Oh yeah! I so want to order this! There is one that is $29.95, but that's the markdown from $99.95.

They have costumes. I'm thinking I should've bought this one for the army party. I still might since I have over a week. I just need the shirt because I found a pair of pants for Taevyn for $10 at Target. I'm also lovin' the pirate costume too.

They even have a couple (litterally, a couple) of non-clothing items such as this cute little Cupcake Party decor for a cute cupcake party! I LOVE THIS! So many ideas in this pattern.

And how about these cute canopys. I'm thinking an army one for Taevyn of course, and either a fairy one or a some sort of Hollywood/Dressup one for London.

Yep, I'm loving this site I discovered. Of course, with all the good things, there are the not-so-good things. The site itself isn't very user-friendly. I was getting a little confused. For instance, apparently you can't register for a new account until after you buy something. Then they create a site for you. Then, I wish they had more "Sort By" options. You can only sort by style of clothing, such as Pants, Tops, Etc. Or you can sort by Brand. It would've been nice to sort by size, price, etc. They also have a lot of duplicates. Like they have the army/pirate costume above listed 4 or 5 times on different pages. I just don't know why they can't have one.

As for the patterns themselves, even though they are in a PDF format, you can't save the actual pattern to your hard drive. But you do have a folder called "My Patterns" on their site, which it is stored. Personally, I'd like to have the power to open and print without having to log onto the internet to do so, but I guess this is for copyright purposes. I'm thinking they don't want you to share the patterns. Can you blame them though? It is a business afterall.

Overall, I think the reason I love this site so much is because you can buy and print straight from home. And the prices are very reasonable. I'm definitely going back for more.

And for those of you who are wondering, this is my own opinion. I was in no way compensated for this review. I just wanted to share this awesome site because, well, that's how I roll! Have a great day everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Well, lady, you roll cool. I definitely will have to check this site out. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so darling!!!! What fun patterns :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete