Thursday, September 2, 2010

Party On My Brain

For some reason it seems like my kids never get a 2nd birthday party because of moving. We don't move around all that often, in fact we've only moved twice since Taevyn was born. So, when we moved to Texas a couple of months before his second birthday, he didn't get a party. Now that we moved to a new town (still in Texas), London didn't get a second birthday party. But we've made up for it for Taevyn and I know we'll do the same with London next year.

Taevyn will be getting a birthday party this year. But don't worry, we'll be celebrating London's birthday on Sunday with just us, but she's getting some very special attention. (More on this later!) Taevyn wants an Army Party, so my plans are in the works for that. Let's just say it will be the ULTIMATE. PARTY. EVER!!!

Anyway, the point to this post is that I've ALWAYS made the parties handmade. It's fun. I enjoy it. In fact, it's a bit therapeutic. So, I found his 3rd and 4th party invitations that I made.

This is the front of his 3rd birthday invitation. Obviously we did a Mickey Mouse theme. The party was actually based on the newest TV show. Taevyn LOVED this show at the time.

This is the back of the invitation. I used the Minnie font I downloaded for free. How perfect is that, huh? Yep, the party was a blast. We had a Mickey pinata and everything! Okay, so this was my first invitation I ever made. Not to shabby for the first, wouldn't ya say?

For Taevyn's 4th birthday, we had a Cars Theme (again, obvious! LOL!) This is my favorite so far, but I know I'll do even better with his Army party. It's in the works of being made now. The wording is awesome and I did most of it on computer, including the checkered border. I used different fonts for it. This was a great party. Taevyn's Grandparents came down. His Grandma even made some of the games, like the Bean Bag Toss. She took some plywood, cut out a car, cut circles in the car, and she even made bean bags out of checkered fabric. It was a great party. They seem to get better and better.

Yep! I'm excited for the Army Party. It's been on my brain for the past couple of weeks and I can't wait to show you! Well Friends, I hope you have a good day and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment