Friday, June 4, 2010

House For Sale: Backyard Inspiration

Hello Everybody! I hope you all had a good week so far! No new news about the house yet. I so wish though. I'm thinking this process is taking a little longer than normal though. It just seems like we should have a closing date set by now. But then again, I may be wrong. I've never bought a house before.

Anyway, as I look at the online pics of the house, I've been starting to look at some decor ideas. I want to start fresh. There's not much color in my place we're at now, and if you know me, I LOVE color. I'm so thrilled that I can actually paint my walls in colors and not have these boring ol' white walls. But, before I start thinking about the inside, I wanted to start thinking about the outside yard. Cause, well, hey, it's summer (almost) and everything outside is so pretty right now.

This is the picture of our soon-to-be backyard. Isn't it just gorgeous? I love how it has the railing (is that what it's called?) and I absolutely LOVE the lattice! How great is that! The best part about this back porch is...ready for this? It has a ceiling fan!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I wonder if the owners will let me keep the puppy! LOL! Just kidding!

As I was browsing around (mostly through bhg.com) I found this picture:

I LOVE how light and airy it is. I was daydreaming about having family and friends over sitting on this wonderful set. Then, I heard my kids screaming "Mommy!!!" That snapped me back into reality real quick! My dream went from this beautiful white wicker to dirty brown wicker.

So, I moved on. I was at the grocery store one day and happened to walk by this magazine:

I stopped dead in my tracks and saw the beautiful vibrant colors! Yep, this is definitely a little more kid friendly. So, I added the magazine to my grocery cart. Now I have my color inspiration for my deck!
So I got back online just to see some other ideas and found this:

Don't you just love the swing? So do I, but I don't want it. But I love the yellow flowery fabric and how the green just compliments these colors so well. Oh yeah, I'm drooling! HA!

And of course, I'd need a focal point! How cool is this poster! Although the colors don't match, I'm thinking I could make this on canvas, but instead of a blond, how about a black haired, dark skinned girl with a yellow background with green polka dots and red writing? Can you see it now? Perfect! I know!


I know I said I didn't want the swing, but how about a hanging bed? Isn't this just neat? And, they have a celing fan too! I can just see the kids playing on it. Pretending to be pirates sailing the oceans while plundering the other ships! This is a definite maybe!


I also would LOVE to have an outdoor kitchen! Since Texas has warmer weather than up north, I'm thinking this could be a good investment. Although, my space isn't this big, I think I can accomodate it to my size. Whatcha think? I'm just thrilled I can actually grill on my own property!


And how neat is this? It's called an Australian Jarrah. As much as I love wood, I need color. Can you see it? Can you see each stool painted different colors and maybe some cushions? And the counter painted a totally contrasted color? ..................................................Sorry, I was daydreaming again!


I don't know if I'll get my kitchen or not, but just in case, you should always have a backup plan. This is mine! I got it out of the magazine from above! It even gives instructions on how it was built! AWESOME!!! I'm not to thrilled on the black, but we all know that's what fabric stores are for, right?


Can you see this little cottage between the two trees in my backyard? How freakin' adoooorrraaabllleee is this! (To get the true feel of this, say "adoooorrraaabllleee" in a squeaky voice!) This would so be the playhouse! But not for the kids. For me! Can't you just see me peering out the window as I take a break making a craft? I know I can!


And right outside the cottage, can't you just see these beautiful chairs? I just LOVE the colors! How fun would it be to come hang out and sit in these! I wonder if the gal from
Knock Off Wood has plans for this? Hmm...maybe I'll ask!


What about the kids you ask? How about this cute little bistro-style table set! Granted, I'm thinking this is for adults, but I bet I could make a mini version. I mean, how hard can it be, right? Of course by the time I get it perfect the kids may be adults by then. HAHA!


However, if I do make it or better yet, find one for kids, how cool would these colors be? Awesome, eh?


And of course, we can't forget a little garden. How cute is this fence post? I, again, adore the colors!


And of course, we can't have a garden without a garden shed to store supplies in, right? How cool is this? It's made from an armoire! That's right! Can you believe that? I absolutely LOVE this!


Well, folks! I'm FINALLY done! That is my inspiration for my backyard! I've never had a backyard before, and I'm so looking forward to getting one! I never new decorating for the outside would be so much fun!

All pictures are from
bhg.com. Well, except for the two out of the magazine!

3 comments:

  1. Buying a home does take a while... there is TONS of paperwork. It will happen. Love your backyard... that porch is fab. Love that is has a fan. I Like your inspiration pics. I love the red wicker one... hand in there it will happen soon. Have a a great night. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrienne

    thanks for joining my blog friends today...this house is very nice..I love the little backyard house....and the colors lovely...good luck...hope closing comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly, I desperately want a hanging seat or daybed for my house. Not sure the termite infested heap could handle one, though. :(

    (btw...Australian Jarrah is the red wood, not the bench set. :) )

    ReplyDelete