Friday, April 23, 2010

Project: Earth Day

For Earth Day, Taevyn had to construct a "bug" out of found trash. I asked him what kind he wanted to make, and he said he wanted to make a butterfly. Sounds easy enough, right? Here's how our conversation went:

Mommy: What should we use for the body?
Taevyn: How about the toilet paper circle thing?
Mommy: Toilet paper tube?
Taevyn: Yeah. That's it!
Mommy: How about the wings?
Taevyn: Mmm...I know, how about I draw wings on this old newspaper?
Mommy: Sounds good to me. Now, what should we use for the head?
Taevyn: Let me go find something. (Goes in his room, comes back with one of those plastic bubble things which is used to hold toys in a toy machine.) Will this work?
Mommy: It's your project, what do you think?
Taevyn: Yeah, I think so. (Puts it on top of the TP tube.) Great, it fits perfect! Now for the antenna. Ooh, I know. (Runs back to his room and comes back with a couple of his darts.) How about these?
Mommy: Oh, those would be perfect. We'll have to cut them down a bit. Is that everything?
Taevyn: What about the thorax?

THORAX? Um! How long will it be before they start teaching Calculus in Kindergarden?

Here's his finished project. Mind you, he forgot to take it to school
today, and being the loving parent that I am, I get to drag London down
to the school to drop it off! yay me.



Taevyn had so much fun working on his project that he wanted to make more. But of course with his attention span being the same as a fly, his attention quickly got diverted to cartoons. *Sigh*

In other news, I'm going to go meet with a Realtor today! YAY ME!!!

3 comments:

  1. Smart kid!! You have the admit the gumball machine bubble was the smartest, it FIT the tube! Good luck with the Realtor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That's a riot! I am so giggling :)

    By the way, "G" the creator of the death by chocolate had me take a pic of him with the cake last week and said to post it with a note that we wished you could be there with us! too funny, that guy is! :) But it's true.... so wish we could share some laughs and happy dancing over chocolate! I'll post it laterthis week:)

    have a great day!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that conversation! It's amazing what comes out of their mouths.

    ReplyDelete