Monday, April 19, 2010

Nifty Thrifty: Linens & Things

Hello Friends! I have been so busy this past weekend, but unfortunately, I didn't get much done in the way of projects. I know...sad. I did however, go to Walmart and buy some of those cheap bookshelves. They were on sale. I bought two 5-shelf bookcases for $25 each and a 3-shelf bookcase for $15. Such good deals. So, I've been organizing my craft areas. Yes, I have two. But they aren't very big and I'd rather have one big area, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Last weekend, we traveled near Tyler, TX to a resort called Holly Lake Ranch. We had so much fun with Jeff's parents. On the last day, Sally and I had gone to a nearby town called Gladewater (I think that's what it's called). This town has a gazillion antique stores. Here's what I got:

The first two pictures are linens. I got a whole box for $5! What a steal! I'm thinking of making some aprons with a couple of them. As for the others, I have no idea what I'll do with them, but I'm sure something will come up.

Aren't these little treasure boxes a gem? I saw the first one and just loved the bling on it. When I saw the tag, it said $5. When I looked closer at the price tag, it said $5 for the both of them. SCORE!

This actually came as a set of three. Originally marked as $24.95. Marked down to $12.95. Then, the man at the counter told me the lady will take $10 for all three! SOLD!!!

Here are two silk scarves I got for $4/ea. Aren't these pretty? I don't
know what I want to do with them yet. Any ideas?

Aren't these some amazing finds? I'm so glad I got the chance to visit Gladewater. I just wish I had more time to browse around. I only got to visit three stores and I'd love to go back.

There is another item I had bought the other day at the Goodwill I just HAD to share. It is this:

Normally, iron-on paper is about $11/12 sheets. I scored this box of 30 sheets for...ready for this? $1.99! I'm so excited! I can't wait to start printing some stuff for my kids' clothes!

Well, that's it for today folks! I hope you have a marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Rose Wilendur tablecloth in your first picture. One of my absolute favorites, Wilendur always used the best quality fabric and dye. WTG, what a haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures you found...I just love all of the linen. I think an apron is definitely in your future!

    Today is my first visit to your sweet blog...and i singed up to be a new follower!

    ~happy monday~

    ReplyDelete