Monday, April 5, 2010

Nifty Thrifty: Dollar Tree Sunhat Makeover

London and I went to the Dollar Tree to buy some baskets when I came upon a cute little yellow sunhat. The only problem? It was a little plain jane for me. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I started to give this hat its ever-so-needed makeover. Anyway, I took off the little yellow ribbon (which I can use for another project) and added my own white ribbon. I made four fabric flowers using scrap white fabric and yellow buttons for the centers. I handmade a bow with thicker white ribbon and my glue gun. Then I glued all my trim to the hat and it came out like this:


8 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, and so nice to have you as a regular! all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw those hats at Dollar Tree last week, I knew someone in blogland would come up with something adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check these hats out! I have a little girl in my life that would LOVE this! I love your addition of your fabric flowers. Cute!
    Rebecca of the R&W Gals
    Thanks for joining our linky party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric flowers - they look great on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Those flowers are perfect.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the same hat but in pink for my 2 year old. she loves it. maybe we will jazz it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Pretty and Cute!!!

    Tenny @ My Crafty Life
    http://createwithtenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete