Thursday, April 15, 2010

Graduation Is Coming Up

Hello Friends! I know I still haven't posted any projects of late, but that's only because I am uploading a gazillion pictures to my computer as we speak, and since my computer is being so slow, I decided I wanted to show you something else instead. I was actually going to post this next week, but I'm just to excited about it!

Last year, Taevyn graduated from Preschool and I was heavily involved in the graduation activities. I made a graduation video for the parents as a keepsake of the kids' time at Preschool.

video

Believe it or not, this video only took me two months to complete. That included working a 9-5 job (actually, 7-4), taking care of a preschooler AND an infant, cleaning, cooking and everything in between. I used my DSLR, Windows Movie Maker, Photoshop, and my video camera. I took most of the pictures (some were provided by the parents or school) and did all of the video shots. I think it came out pretty well, don't you? (Just say "yes"! HA!)

The theme was "Bachelors of Life" or in other words "What I Want To Be When I Grow Up". I designed and made the CD cases for the videos, the favor bags, which I still have Taevyn's and I need to take a picture of that, and helped decorate the little reception area, I have a picture of that, but I need to find it. The graduation ceremony was so cute and something I will (hopefully) remember for the rest of my life. I'm already planning on showing this at his High School Graduation. I really don't plan that far in advance, but hey, how I could I not for this?

I wanted to show this to you in case you wanted to do this. I have to be honest though, it is very time consuming if you're as picky as I am. The program is not at all hard to figure out and comes free with PCs. (Actually, I'm not sure what program Mac uses, but I'm told they have something similar. I'm also not sure how easy/hard it is to use.) I only got frusterated about 200 times when I made this, but that's because I wanted to put certain pictures along the same timeline as some of the words in the song. If you're not all that picky about where pictures go, then, you could make a video in a weekend. Especially if you're only using pictures.

Well, if I get a chance to take pictures of my other projects today, or the stuff I bought when I was gone last weekend, I'll be sure to post them. My Love took over the computer yesterday and he so graciously let me use it for about 10 minutes. Isn't that so sweet of him? Anyway, have a great day all!

4 comments:

  1. SO SO CUTE! LOVE THE SONG AND THE BLACK AND WHITE SKETCH PICS. Its amazing how fast we grow up, what a great piece you have created to treasure for years. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I have tears in my eyes and I don't even know the children in the video!! Kids grow up too fast - mine are in their 20's and I still remember pre-school days!

    You did a great job on the video, especially how the photos turned into drawings! Loved the music!

    Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box - as for your question about sewing in sleeves, there are a few tricks. I always notch top centers of the shoulder (or if there is a seam, that will mark the center) and top center of the sleeve (this should now make 3 notches in the pattern rather than the standard 2. This makes gathering and placement much easier...feel fr to stop over with any specific questions you might have

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! I wish I knew how to make something like that!

    And your kids are just adorable. You are very lucky!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful video to cherish of your child's time in pre-school!!

    WONDERFUL job! = )

    ReplyDelete