Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nifty Thrifty - Painting

Before I get to my neat find, I just wanted to let you know I'm still in need of a couple of guests. I have one so far, I just need two more, so, if you're interested, please let me know! Thanks!

I love frames! You can do so much with them when it comes to decorating. I've seen people use them for thier intended purpose, paint them, embellish them, hang them with no glass or backing. It's amazing to me how versatile a frame can be!

Again, I was at the local Goodwill and I came across this painting.

Although I like the painting, as you can see, it's a bit damaged, but look at the frame. It's so ornate. I want to take the picture out and paint the frame (don't ask what color though, cause I'm still undecided) and hang it on the wall, horizontally, with no backing. But of course I can't leave it at that. I've seen those boards made with a family's last name, then Est. ####. How neat would it be to put vinyl on the wall with our last name and the "Est. 2004" directly on the wall in the frame? I'm hoping this makes sense to you. I have it all pictured in my head, but a lot good that would do unless I had a picture. When I get this done, I will take a picture so you can see what I mean.

Well, My Friends, have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It would be very cute painted white or black with the vinyl last name. Or if its canvas, do chalk board paint and spray paint the frame white and make it a chalk board. They are so popular in blog land. I have yet to find an ornate frame to do a chalk board. Have fun, great find too! JGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I love the idea. I don't know what colors are in your house, but I think it could be very cool in hot pink, lime or turquoise...if you've got some black & white decor that would be great! I'd have to do black for my living room, but the bright colors would look very cool in my daughter's room. I may have to head to Goodwill!

    I do love your blog! And Thanks so much for being my 200th follower! I'm putting together my Layout of the Week post for tomorrow and I'm going to of course mention how excited I am to have 200 followers. So I'm going to put a blurb about your blog & a link in there if you want to stop by & check it out, I'll have it up tomorrow!

    Thanks again! :) -Julie

    ReplyDelete