Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Necklace You Can "See"

It's a good Tuesday morning! Before I get to my project, I have a favor to ask. No, I don't need a babysitter, a ride, or money! As you may know from a previous post, I will be out of town the first part of next week! I was wondering if any of you would like to do a guest post! I will be out Monday thru Wednesday! I know this may be short notice, but if anybody would like to volunteer their time, that would be AWESOME! Please email me at kitschalicious@live.com!

Now on to the fun part! Remember on another post where I mentioned that I get a lot of my ideas from fellow bloggers? This idea came from Jennifer Perkins at The Naughty Secretary Club! She made these awesome necklaces out of a lens from a pair of glasses! Here is my version!

The hardest part about making these was drilling the holes. I had to use my big drill because I didn't have the correct size bit for my little drill. Isn't that just ironic? We order those Disney books, and have a few doubles. I cut the pictures out for this project and think it's a wonderful gift for maybe a Tween. However, my son loved the "Atlantis" necklace, so he claimed that one before the paint even dried! Go Figure! Maybe it's a good gift for 6 year olds too!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my latest project! Have a great day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea!

    So glad you entered the giveaway - your decorating story was great. sad though to work so hard and then just have to wait that much longer for the right sizes! Also love your story about your hubby's lunch notes! glad you put them goobers in their place - love notes are for man of all ages :) I will say though, I started using generic paper for my hubby's. Didn't think he would like the high heeled shoes notepad that sits in the kitchen :)

    thanks for linking up today! hope you'll be back for more entries this week.

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
    PS emailed you about guest blogging :)

    ReplyDelete