Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Life, My Love

I love to scrapbook. I haven't done it in awhile and I really want to start it up again. I used to scrapbook when I was in High School about 15 years ago (WOW! Am I really that old?) when all that was available was paper (construction usually), stickers, and different colored pens. But it all got lost in a move. I started up again when Taevyn was born. Although we didn't have much room in our little apartment, I used to use a couple of TV trays. One to hold my supplies and one to actually work on. We moved to Texas and I did a page here and a page there. Now that I have London and I'm a SAHM, I really want to go gung ho! I want to make a goal to do a page at least once a week.

One of my favorite pages I've ever done is this one:


(Please don't mind the quality of the picture.)

Jeff, his parents, Taevyn and I went to Angel Fire, NM when Taevyn was just 9 mos old. I really wanted to do a page for Jeff, so when his mom sent me these pictures I knew that I had to do this page. I love the masculinity of it. The colors seem so macho and the patterned paper is anything but girly.

Journaling Says:
BRAVE
This was a moment to be proud of. Jeff, who gets a little anxious when it comes to heights, managed to take a peek from a bridge over the Rio Grande River. This is from our New Mexico vacation in May 2004. I just had to document this victorious moment. He faced his fear of heights and conquered! I'm so proud of him for taking that big step! That's what I call "Brave"!! Now, maybe, he will take me on that hot air balloon ride.

Metal Embellishment Says:
We do not remember days, we remember moments

And I'm still waiting for that hot air balloon ride! Have a great day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment