Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First T-Shirt

Good Morning My Peeps! I'm so excited! I made London a T-shirt! I've never embroidered before in my life, but thanks to Cathy Filian and her book "101 Snappy Fashions", I made this:

When I first received this book, there were so many projects I wanted to do right away, so I decided to make this one! I love how the chain stitch looks like a necklace. I cut out a flower from a piece of fabric, used WonderUnder and ironed it on, then stitched in a couple of places with some embroidery floss. So easy!

With the same fabric flowers and the same technique, I added them onto the pockets of her jeans. Take a look:

Her jeans aren't quite finished yet. I want to add ruffles on the bottom with two coordinating fabrics, one being the same fabric as the flowers. Then I'll applique some more flowers on the front of her jeans. I will post the jeans when I get done!

Have a great day Friends!

1 comment:

  1. You made those?!?! You blow me away wih your creativeness :)London is just a little DOLL!!!!Makes me smile just looking at her cute little face - you are a blessed mama!

    Can I just tell you how much I was dying to see your projects and couldn't see the photos due to the goofy internet! Now I am Happy Dancing all the WAAAY while I catch up on your awesome posts.

    Love to ya!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete