Thursday, February 11, 2010

When They're Bored

Hello Peeps! I seem to be having technical difficulties with the Image Uploader. It's not letting me upload my Matchbook Notebook picture. Hmm... I hate it when that happens.

Anyway, I made some matchbook notebooks and I wanted to show you. These things are great. Especially when you have to lug your kids around with you. Taevyn loves to make his "Alien Magazines" with them. London...well, she just scribbles lines. But to me, it's her masterpiece of a one-year old! Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture soon. (Anybody else having this problem today?)

I'm so excited today! The cold and rain can NOT get me down! My package is coming! My package is coming! Oh Amazon, how do I love thee! Let me count the ways! :oD I ordered five books and the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I remember when I was a junior in high school, my cousin, Drew, and I would come home from work (my first job was McDonald's! Oh yeah, bring on the Chicken McNuggets), order pizza and breadsticks from Godfather's, and watch TNG every Thursday.

Oh the memories! I remember my Aunt Karen owned a nice little minivan. It was gray with gray interior. The first set of back seats was just like the front seats, so it wasn't just a long one. My sisters and I would go over to her house and we would play with my cousins in that van. We used to pretend it was a spaceship. Drew was the Captain and I was the First Commander. We all had our "positions" on our pretend ship. We would go out to fight the Martians and the Venitians. Help the people from Saturn and Pluto (well, when Pluto was considered a planet that is). It was a great game! *Sigh* Sometimes I miss being so young. But now that I'm a momma, I can spread the imagination with my kids. Yes, I play with my kids. It is so fun to feel like a child every once in awhile. Taevyn's favorite is to play Star Wars. He likes to be Darth Vader. But a "good" Vader. Personally, I just think he likes the mask.




Anyway, my Peeps! If it's cold where you are, I suggest you make a cup of hot cocoa, sit back and enjoy a book, movie, TV series. Whatever it is you enjoy. I know I am! Have a great day Friends!

2 comments:

  1. The cutest boy ever and a great costume! I Love B+W photos too : ) ...Yes, I'm curled up next to the woodstove watching Nature on MPBN.org...I think I do need some hot cocoa too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH! That first picture is so stinking cute! The second one is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete