Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nifty Thrifty - Spice Rack

I bought this spice rack awhile ago at Goodwill for $1.99. I already knew what I wanted to do with it before I even got to the checkout line. I love finding awesome things! Anyway, I took some spray paint to this...



and made this:

I used removable adhesive on the flowers, that way if I ever want to change it, I can without destroying the jars. I also want to write the word "Embellishments" across the back, however, I need to buy a paint pen, probably the same red to match the jars.

I'm planning on using this to store my smaller embellishments. With the colorful flowers, I can sort maybe brads, eyelets, or even the flowers themselves in these little jars by color!

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I am linking this up to:



giveaways

The Trendy Treehouse

Blue Cricket Design
Someday Crafts
Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggeritaville

19 comments:

  1. how adorable, way to go! LOVE WHAT YOU DID, and how you will use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck, I LURVE these! The colors, and the removeable flowers are genius! I love this project, and think it should be a Give A Way, hint hint!WINK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you clever! I never would have thought to do that. They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That is so adorable. I love it. I can see using that in my craft room. Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! Great job and you never can have to much storage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. I LOVE Goodwill!
    Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse to say Hi!
    I am a follower so I can come back & read more!
    Please stop by!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are sooooooooooooo cute....and the idea of using the word embellishments really tickles my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out really cute - love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the way it came out! I'm about to redo our kitchen and I really do want to incorporate this project. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great redo and at a great price! You did good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a terrific idea!
    we have a friday fun find party- if you're interested, we'd love it if you'd link up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super creative! Don't you just love paint pens? They are my saving grace in crafting :)


    thanks for stopping by, and if you do make Death by Chocolate, let me know how it came out :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love that Goodwill! Great job re-purposing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Professionally painted. Nice way to accessories with flowers. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool spice rack. I haven’t seen anything like it as measuring spoons on it.. Nice idea, its perfect for any type of kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really got a creative ideas. That spice rack looks very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this site is genuinely fastidious and the visitors are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

    my webpage; cost of dental implants

    ReplyDelete