Thursday, February 25, 2010

Because This Doesn't Happen

In all of the 4 1/2 years we've lived here in Central Texas, it has NEVER snowed. Of course, we had a couple of ice storms, but you can't play in ice. It didn't snow much, but I was thrilled that my kids actually got to see and play with snow. Although, Taevyn was born in Nebraska, he's seen it, but I'm sure he doesn't remember. We moved here right before he turned 2. London was born here, and with her being 18 mos, I'm sure she won't remember this either. But, it was fun while it lasted!

We had some pretty big snowflakes fall. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the snow falling. By the time I saw it, it took awhile to dress London for the weather. I felt like the mom on "A Christmas Story". Poor Taevyn was in school. By the time London and I made it outside, it was raining...well, sort of. There were a few flakes that fell, but not like it was.

I'm sure she was mesmerized by the snow.

Then she got to play!

Then she was observing! Lots of fun!

By the time Taevyn got home, most of the snow melted.

It didn't stop him from having fun!

He was trying to make snowballs anyway!

Have a great day everybody!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your kiddos were able to enjoy a little white stuff. My 4 yo actually said to me today, when it started snowing again, "Oh no! Not more snow!" We've definitely had more than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious pictures! We had a few flakes this morning and my kindergarten students were thrilled but alas they melted before they hit the ground!

    ReplyDelete