Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I LOVE Retro

I have read a lot of craft books, and although I was expecting mostly crafts, this book only has one chapter dedicated to the making of retro crafts. However, this book did not at all disappoint. I was very amazed on all its contents. It has six chapters full of information including creative ideas on organizing not only your craft space, but your ideas too, where to find vintage items and faux retro items to make crafts with, why collect, and other fabulous topics. This has to be one of the best crafting books I have ever read. I highly recommend this book!

If you're not into the whole retro/vintage thing, you should at least see if you can borrow it from a friend or the library (if they have it). It has a few ideas that you can adapt to your own crafty style. For instance, I love the way she files and organizes her ideas. She has a very interesting and fabulous way to store her works-in-progress and works-to-be-started without them being out of site and possibly forgotten about.

She has some amazing crafts that I will definitely be giving a try. But then again, I like that sort of thing. This book was not money-well-wasted. In fact, it was one of my best purchases I have ever made on the craft books genre!


Happy Crafting Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Doing Follow Me Fridays. Love your site. I was wondering if you could tell me how to change me template on blogger. Yours is so cute.

    ReplyDelete